Here are a few FAQs about Self Managed Dedicated hosting answered for you. If you would still like to know more, we are here for you.
What is a Dedicated Server?
A dedicated server is a type of remote server that is dedicated to an individual, organization or application.
With a shared hosting plan, a customer shares a server with multiple customers. Whereas, in a dedicated server a customer leases a whole server along with all of its resources.
Do I need a Dedicated Server?
Dedicated Servers are ideal for medium/large businesses and heavy-traffic websites. It provides maximum customization, configuration, and overall flexibility.
What level of access do I get with my Dedicated Server?
You get full root access, which means you have administrative control of your server
Which control panels are provided?
For the management of the server, you will get access to the Server Management Panel, through which you can carry out operations like Start, Stop, Restart, Rebuild and Reset Password.
For the management of Hosting, we offer Plesk as an add-on. It is auto installed when this add-on is added to the cart during the purchase of the server.
Do you offer any billing panels?
No, currently we do not have any billing panels available as addons
How long will it take for my server to be ready for use?
The provisioning system will get your server ready in minutes, ensuring that you get access to your server instantly.
How do I access my Dedicated Server
You can use the option Remote Desktop Connection in your local Windows machine to access the dedicated server. :
- Type Remote Desktop Connection in the search box on the task bar & click on it
- In the computer field, specify the server IP address. Refer your welcome email for the details
- Click on Show Options and specify admin user name and click on Connect
- In the password prompt, specify the admin password
Do you have a backup & recovery solution for Dedicated Servers?
Yes. We offer Acronis Cyber Backup & recovery solution for your dedicated server, which can be purchased at an additional cost.
- Acronis backup helps to take full or incremental backups of database, files, mailboxes & disks regularly, depending upon daily, weekly, monthly frequency selected.
- The dedicated server backup data can be restored instantly & quickly, and is also completely secure against ransomware.
- Acronis backup is available for USA & Asia server locations. On purchase of incremental backup volume, the new volume will be added to an existing Acronis panel (depending on the location).
- Acronis Backup add-on is available in the purchase flow for our new customers and in the control panel for our existing customers.
- Acronis Cyber Backup add-on is not covered under the money back guarantee refund policy.
- The tenure & renewal cycle of Acronis backup is not dependent on the tenure of the dedicated server purchased.